Sunday, December 23, 2007

Mama Carolla's

Last night Amber, Damien, and I went to Mama Carolla's to celebrate Amber's birthday. Amber has been there before, and Damien had been there many years ago, but since he had only vague memories and I had never been we are counting it as an New Restaurant Saturday.

I had the Chicken Rigatoni, which involved--no surprise here--both chicken and rigatoni. The sauce seemed to be composed almost entirely of olive oil, along with pancetta, garlic, and crushed red pepper. The flavor was pretty good--the picante-ness of the red pepper sort of built up over time, which I enjoyed--but I couldn't help wishing that the sauce was a little more creamy and a little less oily. But oh well. There was plenty of it, and the leftovers I had for lunch today were almost as good as the dish was in the restaurant last night.

Amber had a different sort of chicken dish--I can't remember the name, but it was chicken cutlets rolled around prosciutto, spinach, and mushrooms and smothered in a delicious tomato sauce (she let me try it). I enjoyed the bite I had, and she seemed to really like it. If only I could tell you what it was called... Damien had the salmon, which came in a creamy dill sauce. He told me that he liked it, and indeed the bite I had was pretty tasty (but not tasty enough to win over the seafood-disliking Amber, though she did brave a tiny bite).

No comments:

Post a Comment